An Open Source Software and Open Hardware Design project for communities to build better Light Stages with standardised and measurable light and capture sequences for high resolution 3d model reconstruction with photo-realistic surface textures.
🚀 Software to help guide stage designs for 3d reconstruction. [install guide]
✔️ Articles on construction phases including design decisions. [articles]
✔️ Articles on hardware designs , .
💡 Articles on capture sequences (coming soon – progress).
💡 Articles on photometric stereo/ 3d reconstructions algorithms (coming soon – also see resources).
✔️ Links to state-of-art software, research articles and survey papers for 3d reconstruction. [resources]
Key Features of Open Source Project
Data Analytics Framework for Computer Aided Design for Multi-View LightStages (Metric-guided Geometric Search).
Light Layout & Power Design Optimisation for
3D capture applications (Regression/Gradient Ascent).
Simulated Visualisations to Compare Stage Structure and Lighting Designs.
Hardware-in-the-Loop with controlled Lighting Sequences and Capture Triggers (via Web-API).
Light Stage platforms offer a wide range of applications beyond cinematography in automation and in reducing the effort of 3d model generation.
- Quality control in manufacturing process lines, such as product defect or anomaly recognition.
- Medical dermatological condition recognition.
- Phenotypic registration and measurement in crops and flora.
- Aerodynamic deformation testing of high-spec engineered components.
- Motion and animation capture for 3d model generation.
- Gesture modelling for affective robotics.
- Game animation and artefact 3d modelling.
- Modelling heritage and contemporary objects for precise replicative manufacture, e.g. with 3d printers.
- Data collection for model and animated behavioural generation, for interactive entertainment.
- Even possibilities for 3d modelling of cellular interactions at reduced scale.
Playlist of Video Captures
Getting Started Articles
Get in touch?
If you want to get in touch or have other functionality requirements, we’re on Slack and available via email to support projects and make improvements. Find our contact details here.